- This event has passed.
Girls & STEM
November 11, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
We’re hosting our second annual Girls & STEM day, and you’re invited! Together, our partners and other groups throughout the city will be onsite to spark new interests, make real-life connections, and fight stereotypes and obstacles facing young girls and women in Milwaukee.
Girls & STEM was produced to inspire creativity and curiosity in females through engaging hands-on activities that demonstrate and integrate science, technology, engineering, and math. Our goal is that through demonstrations, conversations, and engaging experiments presented by local companies, schools and organizations, young girls become empowered, cultivate confidence, and develop a deeper understanding that everything is possible in life and in the world. Through our fun and casual environment, visitors will have the opportunity to:
Explore science, technology, engineering, and math through hands-on activities! Meet and talk with female professionals in STEM+ careers! Participate in fun STEM demonstrations with local companies, schools, and organizations displaying interactive booths on our Promenade such as:
– Kohl’s Design It! Lab
– UW Milwaukee College of Engineering and Applied Science
– Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE)
– Rockwell Automation, Inc.
– St. Joan Antida High School – RoboChix FTC Robotics Team
– Gilbane Building Company
– Marquette University Society of Women Engineers
– Muskego High School FIRST Robotics team, Warrior Bots
– Mequon Nature Preserve
– HUSCO International
– Northwestern Mutual
– PPG Industries
– Southwest Airlines
– Brady Corp
– Medical Art Resources, Inc.
– Center for Developing Excellence – CDE
– Lawrence Technological University
– Betty Brinn Children’s Museuml, Be A Maker (BAM)
– FOX6 Weather Team
– First Flight Publishing presents “Fly with Maya”: A Story about Engineers Around the World, Part 1” by Kate Slattery
– Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast
– Kohl’s Wild Theater
And so many MORE!