We are always recruiting for people to help with events, social media, writing, editing, outreach, and more! Just fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering. We also currently have 3 specific open positions in our organization:
- Executive Assistant
- Social Media Manager
- Calendar Coordinator
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing professional administrative support to ensure MASA operates in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Executive Assistant provides the necessary leadership skills to work effectively with leadership (BoD, Managers, and Secretary), volunteers, donors and community members to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization
- Provides administrative support to the President and Board of Directors as needed, including but not limited to detailed calendar management for all internal organization meetings, expense/annual report filing and record keeping, mail processing (at MEC), invitation coordination, and travel coordination.
- Coordinates meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up and issue resolution.
- Maintains wide knowledge and understanding of internal organization by assisting the Operations Director in assigning filing systems, creating copies of documents, and updating files and project folders
- Reviews organization literature and materials, and distribution or filing of materials.
- Assists with special projects, volunteer training and other general office tasks as needed or assigned.
- Works closely with administrative assistants to build a cohesive team while exhibiting leadership qualities.
- Monitors the Contact@milwaukeescience.org email inbox and forwards messages to the corresponding Managers and Directors as needed
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Contact Nora@milwaukeescience.org if you are interested in being considered for this volunteer position.
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification. The Social Media Manager will partner with the Marketing Manager to develop ad campaigns with a goal of increasing website traffic, event attendance and other organization objectives. The Social Media Manager will partner with the Managing Editor to schedule social media postings to maximize exposure.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize organization pages within each platform to increase the visibility of content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Coordinate with the Managing Editor to create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
Contact Jason@milwaukeescience.org if you are interested in being considered for this volunteer position.
The Calendar Coordinator will receive direction from the Marketing Manager and will research and compile a list of local science education, public health and sustainability events in the Milwaukee area. The Calendar Coordinator will partner with various organization leaders to identify key local events, coordinate event appearances, publish event postings and develop the events calendar strategy.
- Research and compile a list of local science education, public health and sustainability events in line with MASA’s mission on a weekly basis
- Publish the events on the organization’s website as a resource for the community
- Communicate potential outreach events to the Outreach division to coordinate MASA’s community involvement
- Partner with the Social Media Manager to publish social media postings highlighting community and MASA events
Contact Adrienne@milwaukeescience.org if you are interested in being considered for this volunteer position.
The Milwaukee Area Science Advocates (MASA) is a completely volunteer led organization. The only form of compensation for these roles is the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in the Milwaukee community.
Manager positions are appointed to 1 year terms, while Director positions are appointed to 2 year terms. Elections will occur at the end of the year for both Director and Manager positions. For more information about elections, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.